Thursday 25 April 2013

IS IT ADVISABLE TO MARRY SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT RELIGION?




My name is Nnenna. I’m a 25 year old lady who has been dating 28 year old Samad for almost two years. We are considering getting married in the near future. Here’s that catch. I was born and raised as a Catholic. My parents made sure to instill as much of the Catholic customs as they could.
Now that I have brought my relationship with Samad to their attention, they are trying to talk me out of it. He’s a devout Muslim, loves the Lord as do I, and although we still have some spiritual and mental growing up to do, I believe that God can bless this relationship if we make Him the central factor and not my parents. If we get married, I plan to continue being a Catholic. I know it's not going to be an easy journey, but with God on our side, we'll pull through. He's the man i really love and he loves, respects and cares for me dearly as well. I know that my parents have culture to uphold and they need to look good to other members of the family but this does not concern me. I’m starting to buckle under the pressure and I don’t want to end my relationship with him because my parents want to save face. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment